Like the pulse of the cardiovascular system, the cranio sacral system has a rhythm that can be felt throughout the body. Using soft touch generally no heavier than the weight of a five cents coin.
Cranio Sacral Therapy
- Restore cranial rhythm
- Trauma – emotional/physical
- TMJ – Jaw misalignments
- Spinal alignment
- Simon’s skilled hands can monitor this rhythm at key body points to pinpoint obstruction or stress.
Simon can assist the natural movement of the fluid and related soft tissue to help the body to self-correct.
What is Cranio Sacral Therapy?
CranioSacral Therapy (CST) was pioneered and developed by osteopathic physician John E. Upledger following extensive scientific studies from 1975 to 1983 at Michigan State University, where he served as a clinical researcher and Professor of Biomechanics.
CST is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system – comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. Using a soft touch generally is used to release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
By complementing the body’s natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction, including:
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Orthopedic Problems
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Infantile Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Chronic Fatigue
- Emotional Difficulties
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
Simon has been trained in the use of SER (Somato Emotional Release). This is a therapeutic process that uses and expands on the principles of Cranio Sacral Therapy to help rid the mind and body of the residual effects of trauma. SERI offers applications designed to enhance results using CST and other complementary therapies.